Camp Echoing Hills
Creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Summer Camp is Coming!
Take a look at our 2018 Summer Camp Schedule and register now to reserve your spot!
If you have questions about Camp contact us:
Camp Administrator: Lauren Unger – 740.327.2311 ext. 303
Camp Program Director: Emily Smith – 740.327.2311 ext. 305 • Camp Secretary: Doreen Peterson – 740.327.2311 ext. 261
Camp Echoing Hills
Camp Echoing Hills is a non-profit Christian camp serving adults and children with physical and intellectual disabilities. We are located in the rolling hills of rural Coshocton County and serve campers through seven weeks of camp each summer. Our camp promotes a strong sense of community and takes great pride in building relationships with the campers we serve. Campers come from all over the state of Ohio and around the country to build memories that will last a lifetime.
What really makes Camp Echoing Hills stand out is not our fun activities or accessible facilities, what makes us “a step above” is our dedication to investing in the lives of the people we serve. We take great joy in the knowledge that we serve everyone that steps into our “little slice of heaven”. Every person that is a part of camp, from our completely genuine and loving campers to our young volunteers serving for the first time, is a valued and cherished part of camp community. A week at Camp is an opportunity for our campers to experience the love of Jesus Christ.
We were founded in 1967, the first ministry of what would eventually grow to become Echoing Hills and have welcomed campers every summer since then. For more information on how you or someone you love can get involved with Camp Echoing Hills, please contact us at 800.419.6513 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Echoing Hills was designed and built to be an accessible facility. This unique setup ensures that campers are able to take part in many of the activities that make camping so much fun. At Camp, you should expect to:
- Swim and play in the pool and splashpad
- Zip around the track on the go-karts
- Sing or share in a talent show
- Team-building on the frontier challenge course
- Ride with friends on a hay wagon
- Enjoy a cookout and s’mores
- and much, much more!
Our Core Values
- Remove Limitations – Make it a point to know the abilities of all people and help them grow in faith.
- Build Community – Have a larger understanding of the world, and step out and show our love to the people around us.
- Create/Grow Disciples – Encourage and nurture everyone in their faith so they can go forth and produce fruit for God’s harvest.
- Look to the Future – Practicing good stewardship
- Take up your cross – Serve others by sacrificing your own needs.
Camp Echoing Hills offers lots of opportunities for fun, as well as for meaningful reflection. Campers enjoy the following:
- Brown Center for Education and Activity
- Multi-Purpose Assembly and Meeting Room
- Dining Hall
- Camp Cabins
- Staff and Family Cabins
- Cross Hill
- Swimming Pool
- Splash Pad
- Fishing Pond
- Nature Trail
- Go-Kart Track
- Challenge Course
Are you ready to change a life? The life that’s changed could be yours…
Volunteers are the backbone of our ministry at Camp! Our volunteers have the opportunity to meet people who have the same dreams and desires they have and are able to fellowship in an environment of love and mutual respect. Many volunteers come to serve and to make a difference and find that the campers they serve are changing their lives. . .sometimes a little sometimes A LOT!
- Cabin Mom or Dad (Age 26&up): Build camper relationships, help with laundry, assist in activities and encourage everyone.
- Counselors (Age 17&up): Help with camper supervision, care, activities and build camper relationships.
- Activities Volunteer (Age 15&up): Help with set up and tear down of activities. Be creative and outgoing.
- Counselor in Training (Ages 15-16): Help with camper supervision, activities and building camper relationships.
- Helping Hands (Ages 12-15): Cleaning crew, meal crew, activities helper and build camper relationships.
- Other (Any Age): All talents are welcome. Whether you play a musical instrument, act, or have a knack for organization, your skills are needed.
Success Story: Michael
…During a time of my life when I thought I myself had nothing much left to give I found myself in a weird and most grace-filled property where weak and unattractive people were strong and beautiful, a real community of fully capable men, women, and children- camper, staff, volunteers alike each giving and receiving as much as one was able…
Check out our photo gallery to see how our residential opportunities provides people with special needs a safe, loving, and dignified home environment.
Recreation 3 Home
Recreation 4 Home
Recreation 2 Home
Recreation 1 Home
Love. Learn. Worship.
© 2017 by Echoing Hills